Are you looking to join a rocketship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well being? Do you love partnering with and leading teams, obsessing over customer experience and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading...
The Director of Technical Program Management Ecommerce will be responsible for leading the Technical Program Management team that will help scale Peloton's $1+ billion ecommerce channel. You should have a passion for program delivery, process design, defining strategy and execution of large cross-functional programs, and relentlessly championing best practices in a continuously evolving and dynamic environment.
We are looking for an experienced leader to tackle complex and ambiguous problems that span numerous systems. They will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of a multi-year program vision. They will work with senior product and engineering leaders to define strategy and requirements. They will design, coordinate, and execute technical solutions that scale globally. Managing numerous complex systems and organizations, they will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs between business vs. technical constraints, clearly communicate goals, roles, and responsibilities. Working cross-functionally, they will identify and secure commitment from tech teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach.
- Manage team of Technical Program Managers that support Peloton’s Ecommerce and Retail experience. Lead, coach and mentor the team for professional development.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Engineering, Supply Chain, Design, Product and Marketing in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives
- Evangelize and lead team in agile methodologies
- Drive continuous improvement using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- Contribute to the on-going improvement of delivery process and methodology
- Deliver complex, cross-company strategic projects. You will work with various software and business teams around the company to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals.
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Peloton
- The ideal candidate will have a well rounded-technical background as well as a history of leading large projects end-to-end. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
- Business degree, and/or B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience, desirable.
- 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience
- 5+ years leading teams in program management
- 3+ years of experience working in E-commerce is a big plus.
- You have led a program team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. A big plus if the company has achieved annual revenue in excess of $1BN.
- Experience driving technical strategy and architecture decisions especially for large scale projects
- Experience collaborating with Product, and non-technical partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
- Prior experience working on large cross org programs with extensive technical deep dive skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization
- Skilled in risk management, technical risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas