Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania - all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As the Senior Product Director, Platform, you are responsible for leading and driving Sorare’s platform and marketplace strategy, product-suite, and roadmap. This person will lead a cross-functional team of product managers, designers and engineers, to execute, to define the tooling, systems, and experiences that are shared across Sorare. Examples include: payments, identity, data, and the Sorare marketplace (where Sorare cards are distributed, listed, purchased, and sold). You will be expected to build and maximize the performance of the team and deliver on the milestones set out by your team in addition to the needs of your sport general managers. This includes building and scaling the vision of the platform, executing on existing and future roadmaps, understanding and prioritizing the needs of the users and businesses, and scaling the team cross-functionally.
The Senior Product Director of Platform is responsible and accountable for defining and executing the platform strategy and goals, product vision and roadmap. This person should think every day about growing and improving the Sorare experience, community, and business.
- Vision and strategy: Own the platform and marketplace strategy - working alongside your general manager partners and our community. With your cross-functional team, execute on-the-ground deliverables to drive near and long-term growth. This person will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of Sorare’s platform, model, partnerships, community, and usage in order to define, lead, and execute on the strategic direction
- Hands-on work: It's expected that you are a maker that knows how to manage and lead. Everyone at Sorare contributes in a hands-on way leveraging their own skills
- Consumer-focus: You'll be responsible for the overall user experience and customer conversion in partnership with the Sports teams
- Team building: Build and scale a cross-functional team to support rapid growth. Direct management of product and project management. Cross-functional management of dedicated engineers, designers, and analysts
- Teamwork: You will work closely with the Sorare Sport General Managers. This requires a strong ability to lead, communicate, organize, and work as a team
- Deliver results: This leader is responsible for setting the vision and executing it! That means clearly articulating goals, balancing priorities, setting a roadmap, and then delivering the results
- 10+ years of consumer-facing product experience
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- Proven experience and success leading high-growth products and businesses
- Proven experience and expertise with user experience and marketplace products
- Clear, proven ability to lead, recruit, manage and scale world-class, cross-functional teams
- Broad range of functional experiences and interests: technology, product, operations and marketplaces
- Great communicator, great leader. Demonstrated ability and interest in leading directly, cross-functionally, and across the company
- Track record of managing product releases, definitions, and roadmaps and must have deep appreciation and understanding of product experience and consumer behaviors
- Must be high energy and excited about fast-paced culture and delivery
- Mission-driven and passionate about Sorare and our community of players
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Sorare
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.