Chiliz ($CHZ) is our digital currency for blockchain-backed platforms and products, as well as mainstream users, which powers Socios.com.
Socios.com is the world's first fan voting and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Chiliz.net is a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports & entertainment products.
Due to the continued success and growth of Chiliz & Socios.com, we are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Tech department. Reporting to our Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating hardware and software deployments and implementations. With a broad understanding of technologies in the DevOps landscape, you bring experience in the following areas: Source Control, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Automation, Deployment Automation & Orchestration, Container Concepts, Orchestration, Cloud. You will also bring strong communication skills and a keen interest in people, organizational culture, and processes.
- You love technology but you are interested in the people, the culture, and how the organization runs. You are curious and willing to constantly learn new things. You constantly ask questions and listen to answers to generate new ideas and welcome new challenges. (We need somebody open-minded with strong soft skills)
- You have strong communication skills and are willing to share / train / ramp up our team of motivated developers or help relieve bottlenecks by assisting coworkers as necessary.
- You care about delivering value to your teammates and want to understand and measure how their work is moving the needle. We are looking for people focused on modernizing teams before technologies. Technology is just a way to achieve our goal of being agile as a whole team.
- As a resource that works on mission-critical systems at the heart of processes, you are used to dealing with requests from many different people at once. You are flexible and multi-tasking.
- Automation is the key. We are looking for candidates who are fans of solving business and technical problems by automating stuff!
- Because DevOps combines the needs and wants of multidisciplinary teams and applications, we need somebody with the ability to not lose sight of the big picture.
- Some “DevOps engineers” come from system administration, others come from development teams, but the ideal DevOps should come from both ops and dev teams and can speak the language of each team.
- Knowledge in any of those areas will be much appreciated: development, operations, QA, tooling, releasing software, building CI/CD, network, and security.
- While new technologies and tools crop up continuously on the DevOps landscape, it's important for a good DevOps engineer to have a broad understanding of those in the following areas: Source Control, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Automation, Deployment Automation & Orchestration, Container Concepts, Orchestration, Cloud
- Even though you are not a security expert, you are familiar with software security and you are able to perform security activities during the requirements phase of the DevOps journey.
- The days of manually configured infrastructure systems are over. Infrastructure needs to be provisioned and configured with code. We are looking for someone who possesses the ability to implement automation technologies and tools at any level, from requirements to development to testing and operations.
- Acts as technical lead to coordinate hardware and software deployments and implementations.
- Provides technical direction and recommendations to improve utilization and procedures
- Automates the processes of release management, infrastructure provisioning, orchestration, monitoring, containerization
- Make sure that the CI pipeline is running smoothly
- Establish monitoring systems and alerting procedures
- Document everything for others to follow and refer to
- GitLab / GitLab CI
- SQL (preferred PostgreSQL)
- Blockchain (preferred Ethereum)
- AWS SQS
- PHP (preferred Symfony)
- Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana
- Source control (preferred Git)
- Container (preferred Docker)
- GitLab CI
You are not yet an expert in some of the above technology? Don't worry, we are convinced that a good engineer is the one who has the capacity to learn new technologies, someone who never stops learning!Apply for this job