Bungie is looking for a talented Rigging Tech Artist to join our team. You will collaborate with an equally passionate team of content creators to build out 3D and animation content and pipelines. When you use 3D animation software, do you find yourself gravitating toward the script editor to automate and extend the functionality? Are you passionate about building great body and facial rigging systems, believable skin deformation and efficient workflows? If so, you might be just who we’re looking for!
- Acquire a deep understanding of our engine and related tools
- Operation of Bungie’s proprietary rigging system and DCC tools and technology
- Collaboration with Character 3D Art, Hard-Surface 3D Art, Animation, Design and Engineering
- Creation of technical content for various assets meeting Bungie’s shipping quality bar (Skeletons, Rigs, Skin Weighting, Cloth, and more)
- Quality assurance for 3D art and animation content
- Provide desk side support for Artists, Animators and Designers
- Contribute to and maintain our Maya Python tools codebase
- Develop and maintain tools pipelines, supporting artists working efficiently
- Documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows
- Professional or personal experience working with real-time game engines
- Proficiency at Rigging in Autodesk Maya or equivalent software
- Scripting or Programming experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Comfortable with prototyping and fast iterative development cycles
- Problem solving skills, good collaboration and a keen eye for detail are critical for success in this role
- Strong communication skills
- Motivation for creating great games
- Passion for supporting and enabling others
- 3D Modeling
- Motion Capture experience
- Knowledge of anatomy
- Face rigging
- User interface design
- Leadership and management experience
Listed below is this role's base pay range within the greater Seattle area, In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly).
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Bungie employees also receive:
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO) and/or Sabbatical (SAB) based on position level
- L13-L15: 20 PTO days
- L16-L17: 15 PTO days / 5 SAB days
- L18+: 10 PTO days / 10 SAB days
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays each year
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers
to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Washington State Pay Range
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.