As a Data Scientist at Sportradar, your daily job will be to extract valuable, actionable insights from data and develop data-driven predictive models and algorithms aimed at improving our products and services. You will explore large collections of sport and betting data, focusing on the development of AI models to detect fraud in sport. You will work closely with product owners and technical leads in our sports integrity product verticals.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in statistics and machine learning, be comfortable working with big datasets, will understand methods for rigid validation of results, and master different statistical analysis tools and scripting to develop and validate models and data analysis ideas.
- Analyse and explore data using statistical analysis tools and scripting
- Develop machine learning or statistical predictive models for use in our products and services
- Rigorously validate methods, models, algorithms and hypotheses using back-testing on historical data and/or simulations
- Design and implement novel methods for data analysis, tailored to our sports-related application domains
- Propose new ways of using data to improve our products and services
- Work closely with product owners and technical leads in integrity, audiovisual and live sports data product verticals
- Present ideas and solutions to software developers and business stakeholders in a clear and understandable way
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas: machine learning and/or statistics, efficiently working with big data, statistical validation of results
- 3+ years of experience with Python, R or similar statistical and/or machine learning software/toolkits
- Programming experience is a must
- Experience working with Mac/Linux environments is a plus
- Hands-on experience with big data solutions (Flink, Spark) and/or cloud solutions (AWS S3, Redshift, Athena, EMR) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with developing reporting solutions and interactive dashboards using BI tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau or PowerBI is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics / Statistics, Computer Science / Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience acceptable
Apply for this job
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Work in an international team collaborating with colleagues from all over the world.
- Opportunity to work and develop in a dynamic Tech environment within an inspiring and fast-growing company.
- A challenging but rewarding and fun environment.