About the New York Red Bulls
The New York Red Bulls are one of 28 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
Purpose of this Job
You will create match analysis and performance reports on a week-by-week basis, while also focusing on longer-term research and development projects relating to the match analysis, scouting, and performance aspects of the sporting team. While the primary focus will be with the 1st Team, you will also work with the 2nd Team and the Academy. You will be onsite in Whippany, NJ at the New York Red Bulls Training Facility.
What you'll do:
MATCH ANALYSIS REPORTS
- Use existing analysis tools to identify internal and opposition trends from a data perspective.
- Create new analysis tools that help identify global and league wide trends faster.
- Work with coaching staff and performance analysis teams to gather internal data that is important to daily operations.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT REPORTS
- Identify sporting department pain points that can be solved through R&D.
- Identify league wide trends through R&D and Data Science Projects
- Communicate trends and pain points concisely.
EXACT, TRANSFORM, LOAD (ETL)
- Combine data from multiple data sources for usable analysis.
- Process, clean, and validate the integrity of the data being ingested.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing the club functions.
- Perform preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Link the 1st Team, 2nd Team, & Academy together through data-driven programs
- Work with relevant departments to develop data-driven insights that aid player development at all levels.
- Work with relevant departments to measure our style of play at all levels.
Your areas of expertise that matter most for this role:
- Experience working With SQL
- Experience working with R or Python (R Preferred) but not a must
- Experiene working with large data sets
- Able to utilize microsoft suite of products
- Able to convey their knowledge of soccer/football concisely
- An excellent communicator
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k Match and Family Leave
- PTO & Paid Holiday Schedule
- Pet, Legal, and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Plus Many More
Because of the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, you may be asked to work varying schedules to reflect our needs (includes nights and weekends).
Red Bull New York provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and a paid time-off program.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
See more jobs at Red Bull New York, Inc.
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States for our company?
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment/visa status to work legally for our Company in the United States?