About the Role
Statsbomb is looking for two engineers to build the initial computer vision systems and process for our American football product. This includes detection, tracking, and identification of players and events on the field.
- Worked on computer vision, NLP, or other neural net based projects in industry or academia. Traditional (non neural net based) CV work is okay as well.
- Experience working with either static images or video.
- Experience with training custom deep learning models, pre-trained CV models like OpenPose/YOLO, or more traditional frameworks like OpenCV or SciKit-Image.
- Experience with data engineering, writing unit tests, and generally maintaining good code and data quality are a huge bonus.
- Must be strong in computer vision and machine learning and ideally have good software engineering skills or a strong desire to learn and improve in that area.
- Python/pytorch preferred, familiarity with other frameworks and languages welcome.
- Ideally would like sports and in particular, American football / NFL.
- Understand problems and opportunities arising from broadcast sports video.
- Work on both prototypes and production-level computer vision systems.
- Keep abreast of computer vision research, especially in sports.
- Define research directions leading to new Statsbomb products.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Computer Vision Engineer” and include CV/resume and a cover letter (email body) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?
- What available work do you have that helps prove your skill set?
Please note: All candidates will need to already have valid work permit/visa/permission to work status
The Application Process:
Apply for this job
- An initial phone screen with standard software engineering coding test
- A take home coding project
- A follow-up call to walk through your response
- Offer or constructive feedback