Our mission at Oura is empowering every individual to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products, the Oura Ring and its accompanying app, helps our global community gain a deeper understanding of their health, lifestyle, and sleep quality, which we believe are foundational to living a healthy, fulfilled life.
We are looking for an experienced Business Operations Manager to join our incredible team. The Business Operations Manager has direct responsibility for implementing processes to enable a diverse portfolio of collaborative research and business development activities at Oura including academic and commercial research collaborations.
The ideal candidate will be as passionate about Oura products as they are about creating streamlined and effective processes to scale the business. This role will report into Business Operations and will work closely with the Head of Research Partnerships and Research Project Managers to understand business needs and create solutions to drive efficiency.
What you will do:
- Establish and maintain business development and research project support services, tailoring the project management approach to team and project needs.
- Establish a central repository for project documentation and reporting.
- Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit the environment; apply a wide range of traditional and agile principles to provide responsive and effective project management solutions.
- Support business development and research program planning, decision briefings, and progress assessment across multiple projects.
- Develop SOPs, templates, monthly and annual progress reports, procedures, and guidelines for managing cross-functional business development projects and clinical research project information and deliverables.
- Define clear process improvement objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent planning/re-planning meetings.
- Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful project completion; re-plan and adjust project course based on realities of team velocity and dynamic business/user needs.
- Support the selection and execution of research and healthcare industry projects; work with the Science team to identify clear guidelines and process for research study development to scale.
- Develop and document internal SOPs to support scaled academic collaborations, internal/field research, healthcare and insurance collaborations.
- Ensure partners are able to easily transact in-kind contributions with Oura for collaborations.
- Create systems to ensure multi-partner projects are conducted in a timely manner as well as being in compliance with protocol and budget requirements.
- Help structure the protocols for Oura’s non-clinical, collaborative efforts in temperature, sleep, activity, psychology, etc. based on company and partner resources.
- Recommend and implement process and documentation improvements including improving tools and infrastructure.
- Act as the liaison between research teams and Oura’s Science, Business Development, Customer Success and Business Operations departments to facilitate key information and updates.
- 5+ years of program/project management or relevant experience.
- Expertise in academic, clinical and/or research business practices and experience identifying ROI opportunities for research investments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience with creating and delivering a proven strategic plan in close partnership with a research team.
- Experience driving process improvement initiatives at both strategic and execution-levels.
- Experience in defining both business and functional level requirements, user stories, present state and future state process flows
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done, for example, to validate solutions and diagnose problems
- Motivated self-starter who can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business users, research teams, other cross-functional teams and outside partners.
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and is continually looking to improve their health. What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance,
- An Oura ring of your own
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, socioeconomic status, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.Apply for this job