Make the team that changes the way the world experiences sport.
Sportradar is the leading global provider of sports betting and sports entertainment products and services. Since 2001, we have occupied a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries; providing sports federations, news media, consumer platforms and sports betting operators with a range of solutions to help grow their business.
Sports Partnerships is a service unit created to secure and enable Sportradar's core business, data and AV content by developing strong relationships with sports bodies around the world. Rights holder relationships are becoming increasingly important to Sportradar’s operations. Sports Partnerships consists of four sub-units who work together to provide focus and influence in this space:
- Rights & Licensing – commercial/rights evaluations, deal negotiations, responding to tender processes and contract management
- Partnership Management – creating accountability for Sportradar’s rights holder relationships around the globe, across existing and potential future partners
- Rights Protection – identifying and pursuing any parties infringing Sportradar’s Intellectual Property, as well as Know Your Customer (KYC) handling to satisfy key partner requirements.
- Strategic Projects – project management and coordination of multi-vertical rights holder projects
Sportradar has been experiencing a period of hypergrowth by focusing our strategy to drive industry-leading product innovations. To continue this trajectory, we’re searching for a Business Development Manager to join our Sports Rights Holder-Services team.
Reporting to the Products Director, this role is responsible for helping establish new products based on providing marketing technology and services for the iGaming industry.
A key focus will be ensuring the coordination of product units across project teams and functional groups, whilst keeping management stakeholders fully up-to-date on key project status (including impediment resolution and risk management) and managing the alignment of priorities constantly. In addition, creating data driven reports and business analysis are main responsibilities as well.
- Work within a fast-paced and quickly developing sector at the intersection of sports, media, gaming and betting that offers great development opportunities
- Help scale Sportradar's Sports Rights Holder-Services business unit and help lifting digital services for the sports industry to a new level
- Monitor the market and identify
- Acquisition of new partnerships for newly developed orientated products
- Managing current relations with existing clients using Sportradar's digital services.
- Support teamleads in formulating requirements on the development of a well-understood value proposition for newly introduced, federations, leagues and teams orientated products
- Experience in a similar role with a core focus on closing deals, establishing long-term business relationships and acquiring new customers.
- Monitoring and active analysis of market trends to identify best in class solutions
- Willingness to develop technical product understanding for digital products in order to be able to explain them to customers. Having a technology background is a plus, but not mandatory.
- First experience in digital services working for a Sports Rights Holder, a digital agency, or in a tech company is a big plus with focus on digital assets.
- Solid understanding of the digital services landscape. Understanding and up to date with current digital technologies is a plus
- Having existing contacts to Sports Rights Holders is a plus
- Fluent in English is a must, any other European language would be advantageous
- Collaborative approach and adept at building effective business relationships.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations.
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions.
- A flexible and hands-on approach.
- A high-profile position upon which to develop further within the organization.
- Become part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in the digital sports environment and help us scale our operations
- Be part of a highly motivated, innovative, and dynamic team with people from more than 20 nationalities in our office
- Exciting job field with the opportunity for personal development
- Education and training, like German and English courses and Sportradar eAcademy
- Remote working possibilities and flexible working hours
- Health Care, workshops and life insurance policy
- Tickets for sports events and concerts, as well as darts, table football, and table tennis for after-work sports activities in the office
- Team activities, like Happy Hours or charity, summer, and year-end party
For this position, we offer an attractive salary in line with the market. By Austrian law, we are obligated to state the minimum salary of EUR 34140,40 gross/year according to the CBA. However, you can expect a salary starting from EUR 40,000 gross/year + bonus if you meet our requirements (based on full-time employment). Depending on your qualifications and experience, an overpayment is likely.
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences.Apply for this job