We want people who are passionate about sports, sales and want to win!
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in North America has led to the required services of a Business Development Manager. This role is primarily hunting and developing new relationships, with some account management. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Sales, helping coaches, sports scientists and performance analysts turn objective data in to valuable athlete insights. This will be a remote-based position with responsibilities across the United States focused on the National Basketball Association (NBA).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prospecting and developing a pipeline and closing sales across the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Being a spokesperson for Catapult and its brand initiatives as needed in local and national presentations of the technology and assets.
- Identifying markets for sales activity and enhancing and developing strategies of how to penetrate those markets.
- Manage and provide exceptional service to the NBA accounts nationwide
- Maintaining a CRM database and effectively using it to manage your contacts to forecast sales opportunities.
- Phone and email support of Catapult’s elite sport clients.
- Phone and web conferencing training of new users.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of business to business sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Exceptional, proven sales track record in similar roles, preferably in sports.
- Must have been a NCAA D1 athlete (basketball required)
- A self-starter able to maintain a cost-effective and time-effective travel schedule, completing expense reports and updating a CRM system daily. You’ll treat your role as if the business was your own.
- Flexible, with the ability to travel across the United States approximately 50%.
- Able to perform quality, scientific presentations in the field of athlete performance.
- Able to communicate with coaches by understanding the basics of targeted sports and pre-identify, through research, customer needs in advance of a presentation.
- Able to understand the differences in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation, sports media and business development of the customers.
- We know our current needs, and we work at a very fast pace to achieve these. At times, we’ll demand a lot, but you’ll be rewarded well in return. We understand life balance and respect it.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
Apply for this job
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.