Lucra is a New York-based company that facilitates peer-to-peer competition in both the live sports you watch (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, Tennis) and 100+ recreational games you play (i.e., golf, cornhole, video games, fitness challenges, and more). Lucra allows its users to wager with their friends in a social, safe, and trackable way, creating a digital record of all your friendly wagers. Launched in October of 2021, after 18 months building a legal framework (banking, payment processing, compliance, KYC, etc.), the Lucra iOS app is currently available in over 40 states between its sports contests and recreational games. Lucra is changing the way fans engage with their friends by introducing a new social-first gaming experience.
Why we are so excited:
Space: Peer-to-peer social wagering combines several attractive and under-penetrated markets. With a nascent, but evolving regulatory and legal landscape, the opportunities for us will only grow.
Stage: We have closed a successful Series A with high-profile investors in both the sports and venture capital community. We need to ramp up the team and take advantage of the early lead we have in our space.
Team: We are a team composed of repeat founders, ex-NFL Management, ex-Microsoft, ex-Goldman Sachs.
Investor Base: We are backed by some of the biggest names in sports, including NBA/MLB team owners, professional athletes and top-tier venture funds.
- An undergraduate, graduate student, or recent grad comfortable in a data environment and ready to expand your knowledge of data analytics and business intelligence.
- Eager to get in the weeds of the data but still able to draw big picture conclusions without getting lost.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Deeply intellectually curious.
- Ready to take on a flexible role and varied day-to-day work responsibilities.
- A team player who enjoys working with others.
- A leader who seeks out additional responsibility and asks, “what more can I be doing?”
- Willing to work remotely most days.
- Ideally but not necessarily experienced with SQL and business analytics tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Mode Analytics.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be…
- Delivering critical data insights to drive Lucra forward- that means high level company performance to the executive team, user acquisition and channel information to the growth team, feature data to the product team, etc.
- Reacting in real time to deliver data to the Lucra team when it is needed to answer important business and product questions. The data intern will be a crucial part of asking AND answering those questions.
- Conducting deep dive analyses of the most salient open questions at Lucra. For example- “How do we get our customer to go from X to Y?” “How can me make feature Z more compelling to our customers,” and “Which of these user acquisition channels should we invest more in, and why?”
- Helping to build the next generation of data capabilities at Lucra, including integrating a more sophisticated data engineering stack, building the foundations of data science, and enhancing our analytic capacity.
- Working with third party partners to take in and distribute data.
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Lucra Sports
- Dates of employment: 1/9 - 5/26.
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Position reports directly to Head of Data, Zach Keller.
- $25 / hour
- $500 WFH stipend
- Free weekly company lunches