Ready to join the ranks of an innovative bike company changing the way we move around cities forever? Our next generation of feature-rich e-bikes are packed with smart technology. We're looking for a Back-end NodeJS Developer to offer riders a web experience that's as fun and exciting to surf as it is to ride our bikes. You'll develop a seamless digital experience and help us scale up our rider ecosystem around the world.
As a Back-end NodeJS Developer, you'll join our agile Development team, and focus on expanding and improving our Fixer platform that faciliates the repair of our bikes around the world. You'll work closely with other Developers, Content Creators, Designers, and Testers, as well as our external development partners. In this role, you'll have the freedom to proactively explore new ideas as you play an active role in the process of modernizing our technology stack to allow VanMoof to scale exponentially while keeping the systems running stable and smooth. We'll expect you to have a deep working knowledge of relevant web technologies, and help us translate them into innovative solutions.
What you'll do:
- You'll introduce a new platform from scratch for our own Bike Doctors.
- You'll prototype and design new ideas, implement new features, connect with external systems, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability.
- You'll participate in code reviews, define systems architecture with your peers, and implement tests and continuous integration pipelines to rapidly deliver new features.
- You'll improve the current platforms we have in place as well as work with new systems and technologies.
- You'll solve complex problems and architectural challenges such as performance issues, integration of multiple APIs, and asynchronous programming.
- You'll proactively keep an eye on developments in relevant web technologies.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least three years of hands-on experience in building and releasing web applications addressing the entire stack from infrastructure and development to best deployment practices.
- You have knowledge of NodeJS (we use Express running in Amplify AWS service) and Serverless.
- You have an understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- You have a good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- You're familiar with Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- You're experienced in consuming, designing, and building (RESTful) APIs.
- You're experienced with code versioning (GitHub).
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll get:
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at VanMoof
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: desk, chair, screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance