As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our different teams to identify their greatest internal pain points. You will then work with them to address these challenges in a scalable way through improved insights and automation.
Projects often start with a question like “how can we onboard more customers more quickly?”. Your role is to work with Glofox internal teams to develop a solution, from high-level design and prototyping to data integration and implementation. You will use software engineering skills in a business context to drive meaningful impact by looking at problems through an operational lens.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to grow with Glofox and enjoys a fast-paced, fun environment working with a team who are proud to be making a positive impact on the fitness industry!
This is a remote role.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with internal Glofox teams to identify their key pain points
- Working with these teams, rapidly design, test & iterate possible solutions including:
- Improving insights into team and company performance, by developing and maintaining critical dashboards and KPIs
- Setting up automations to help remove repetitive manual tasks
- Assess new tooling that could be used to improve existing processes
- Managing the internal operational data infrastructure, including integrations between our sales, marketing, finance and customer support systems
- Refine & scale your solutions:
- Integrate any solution into the existing Glofox operational stack
- Build internal documentation on how to build these workflows and empower everyone within the teams with technical expertise
- Work with our Engineering team to ensure compliance with our existing Engineering standards, ways of working and infrastructure
As with any early-stage business, you will get exposure to lots of different areas of the business and experience working with our amazingly talented remote team.
What you need:
- BA/BS in information systems or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ combined years of work experience between technical, IT, and/or systems administration
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Proactive and inventive in developing workaround solutions for different internal teams. This role requires constant communication and collaboration with non-technical audiences
- Proactive about starting up and carrying out projects to gain efficiencies independently. Ability to deliver on complex situations without guidance or supervision
- Proficiency with SQL and coding in languages such as Python
- Proficiency working with webhooks, APIs, end-points, understanding database concepts
- Knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence engines a plus
We’d be really impressed if…
- Experience using tools in our existing operational stack a plus, including Salesforce, Stitch, Zapier, Amazon Redshift & Looker
Apply for this job
- The chance to work at a fast-growth venture-backed startup in an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- The support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screencasts