StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football teams, media and gambling companies, and has grown into a global multi-sports data and analytics SAAS provider.
StatsBomb are well known in the sports analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football and have developed a strong brand synonymous with highest quality and accuracy of data coupled with excellent customer service and support.
We have grown from our initial founder team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 700 employees based in Europe, the US and Egypt, and are continuing to expand our operation as we build out our product portfolio and customer base.
Our core products are data and analytics tools, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We also have a growing consultancy service that allows customers to have additional access to our expertise and insight. From our origins as a blog pre 2017, StatsBomb have always had a strong foothold in the football analytics community and education remains a constant feature of both our products and our customer support ethos.
StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work. Our vision is clear - to be the world's leading sports data company - and we have a driven and dedicated leadership team to get us there, including the original founders, and headed up by CEO Ted Knutson. Our culture is open, honest, transparent, supportive and driven. Our employees are dedicated, motivated and genuinely love their work as well as the people they work with.
About The Role
You will be joining our ever-growing Pro Services team working remotely with a variety of teams across the business. The Pro Services team works directly with football teams, leagues and other private entities on bespoke projects to generate custom metrics or insights tailored to the customer's requirements and needs. You will be working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and presenting to key stakeholders at StatsBomb and within football clubs.
As well as supporting the Head of Pro Services with deliverable development and account management, you will guide and oversee projects from end-to-end delivery and ensure timely delivery of all client-based project milestones and key deliverables, including helping to coordinate a project team of data and recruitment analysts to ensure we deliver on time and to an impeccable standard.
Communication is a critical skill especially as the team will be largely remote and having an open-mind and attention to detail will prove critical in this role. Previous experience in the football industry is not required, but being able to confidently talk about and have a passion for football is a must. Being able to engage storytelling skills to present a compelling narrative will be key when presenting to various stakeholders.
The working culture at StatsBomb is creative, collaborative, open, and informal whilst maintaining high standards in working ethos.
- Provide support to the client club’s Sporting Director for recruitment and analytics, helping plan squads for future transfer windows and lead Analysis and Scouting
- Advise on contract management and player pathway, as well as helping the club build relationships with potential key stakeholders
- Spearhead and manage a team of Analysts to produce reports to present to clients
Travel may be required.
- Ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts to clients from a non-analytical background
- Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative together
- Fluent in English and other languages (verbal and written)
- Strong team player that actively co-operates and communicates with others
- Good time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Encyclopedic knowledge of European football
- Self-starter with a high degree of personal drive and motivation
- Network of football players, personnel, clubs and organizations
- Knowledge of player contract negotiation
- Experience of working within a Professional football club
- Experience of player identification, recruitment and/or analytics
- University educated desirable, but not essential
- Gravitas of being able to discuss and talk Football with key personnel and other important stakeholders within a Football Club
For this role we will offer a two year contract.
StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work. If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you!
In return, we offer the following:
- Excellent career development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with smart and dedicated colleagues, working towards a shared vision
- A collaborative and diverse team environment
- Remote and flexible working as well as inclusive wellbeing benefits
- Team social activities
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive stock option package for all employees
- Competitive holiday allowance:
- 25 days holiday,
- 1 wellbeing day per quarter,
- 1 day off on your birthday,
- possibility to buy and sell holidays
- Equal maternity and paternity provision
- Family friendly policies
Below are some testimonials from our colleagues...
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world. StatsBomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of. Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Statsbomb