We are looking to hire an enthusiastic, driven Area Coach Director in Austin, TX to recruit and lead our high school age Player2Player Coaches in the assigned market area, while working with a part-time Area Marketing Director to drive business.
Coach Director Ideal Profile:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Business, Education, or Kinesiology
● 1-2 years of experience in sports programming, customer service, sales, campus recreation, or officiating
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
● Professional acumen providing the ability to communicate with a variety of personalities including business personnel, parents, community leaders, athletic directors, and kids
● Friendly, approachable, positive attitude, and outgoing personality
● Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
● Adaptable with the ability to prioritize tasks, results-driven, possess a track record for setting and achieving goals
● Former coach, collegiate athlete, campus recreation professional, or sports official
● Natural leader capable of inspiring people to change, develop, and maximize their potential
● Organized and detail oriented
● Efficient with time, prompt
● Sense of urgency and ability to think on your feet
● Manage and lead calmly in a fast paced and changing atmosphere
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. At times, it will be necessary to work additional hours, including some weekday evenings and some weekends to meet deadlines and to exceed goals. The Area Coach Director role consists of multiple responsibilities including:
● Recruits, hires, trains and manages a team of high-quality Player2Player coaches in accordance with P2P’s corporate mission and vision
● Monitor coach schedule for weekly individual lessons and clinics, ensuring all
● Plan and lead ongoing P2P coach trainings, Zoom Calls and quarterly meetings
● Maintain a positive image of the brand at all times
● Motivate coaches with creative contests and incentives in order to meet monthly KPIs for lessons and clinics
● Constantly identify good potential P2P coaches or freshman interns Account Management/Customer Service:
● Build rapport with customers, community organizations, and school officials. This responsibility will require communicating and working closely with the P2P Area Marketing Director.
● Respond in timely manner to customers, monitor and seek customer feedback
● Handle cancellations and rescheduled lessons
● Strong demonstration of customer service including promptness and immediate follow up
● Assist the Area Marketing Director in seeking sponsorship and partnership opportunities, including touchpoints and meetings with local Youth Associations, Schools, Athletic Directors, PTO’s, Booster Clubs, Pre-schools, etc
● Hit individual unit KPIs including 32 lessons/week and clinic revenue goals
● Constantly strategize to grow and improve the assigned area
● Continually train P2P Coaches on up-selling, nurturing repeat clients, and marketing themselves to get more business
● Work with the Owners and Operations team to stay organized for P2P Coach rosters and contact information, Customer Relationship Management software, and clinic registrations, among other items.
● Maintain sports equipment inventory and needs for lessons and clinics
Marketing - These duties are in conjunction with the Area Marketing Director:
● Communicate and promote clinics and special events
● Maintain calendar of P2P Coach birthdays to post on social media
● Update the Area Marketing Director on P2P Coach accomplishments to post on social media: College signings, playoff wins, assigned as Team Captain, individual player awards, etc.
● Help create customer appreciation ideas, including coupon distribution, thank you notes, merch giveaways, etc.
● Represent P2P at community events
Why Should You Apply?
● Competitive salary with increases in compensation based on performance metrics reviewed monthly and quarterly
● Flexible schedule! You will work remotely when you’re not on-site at Player2Player events, clinics, lessons, or meetings.
● Professional development opportunities
● The ability to change the lives of the youth through the shared love language of sports!
● An exciting opportunity to join a startup environment with aggressive growth plansApply for this job