At VanMoof, we want our app experience and backend to be as forward-thinking as our product design. All VanMoof bikes are equipped with anti-theft tracking and smartphone connectivity (for controlling, unlocking, and updating the bike). More than 90% of our riders use the app on a daily basis. To meet our growth ambitions, we need to remove all friction from this experience, fully leveraging the app as our main point of contact – and embracing opportunities for customer support, remote serviceability, Bike Hunting, and ride tracking.
As App & Backend Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for improving the way riders interact with the VanMoof app across all experience journeys. This will equal parts thought leadership, collaboration, and relentless determination. To execute our roadmap and plans, we have already strengthened our in-house development capabilities. This role will take charge of daily priority setting, optimizing our ways of working, generating outputs and further growing this team.
Results-wise, you’ll need to exponentially grow our app and backend capabilities and functionalities. To do this, you’ll need to ensure that every interaction with VanMoof is as effortlessly intuitive as our bikes. Beyond that, you should maintain connections with key people and teams driving all other VanMoof platforms, such as e-commerce, VanMoof+ subscriptions, ERP, and even our store POS systems.
- Develop a clear vision of how to build our product(s) and organize our resources to deliver useful features for our customers
- Take the lead as key decision maker and priority setter for the development team
- Ensure fluid collaboration within the app and backend team, as well as external development and production partners
- Be the key decision maker and priority setter for the development team, actively informing all stakeholders on the status of projects and technical challenges
- Take ownership of the app and backend development, prioritizing new features and enhancement
- Drive our digital platform innovation, via in-depth product understanding, feature development and experimentation
- Build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success – as well as room for mistakes and rapid learning when things don’t go to plan
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience in the worlds of (connected) app development and Agile Product Ownership, experience with a connected product
- International experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Oral and written English required. Oral and written Dutch (or German, Japanese…) is a bonus
Apply for this job
- Your very own VanMoof bike
- Good equipment and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial and digital skills
- A relaxed, informal office in the middle of Amsterdam
- Healthy lunches, special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea and beer)
- BBQs, boat rides, bootcamp in the park, morning yoga, and other shenanigans our team may or may not get up to...